Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Millarville-Stockland 4-H Beef Club

(Page 4)

By Hunter Egeland
On Wednesday, December 8th, the Millarville Stockland 4H Beef club held their general meeting at the Millarville Hall, where we received our record books for the year.
On Friday, December 17th, our club held their Christmas party at Laser Quest in Calgary. At Laser Quest, you get a pack that goes over your shoulders and has 5 places on it that people can shoot you with their laser gun that is attached to the pack. When you get hit, you are out of the game for 5 seconds, nobody can shoot you but you can't shoot anyone either. Everyone playing has to make up code names so when someone hits you, you don't know who it actually is. We played 2 rounds so we got to pick 2 different code names. For the first round, my code name was Clay, which is my horse's name, and my name for the second round was Gillian, my heifer's name. After our games, we went to the party room. A BIG thanks to the Campbell family for bringing the pop and ordering the pizza - it was yummy!
This year, we also did Secret Santa. At our last meeting before the Christmas party, everyone picked a name out of a hat and did not tell anyone. I got Shaelynn and when Shaelynn told me that she got me as well, I was amazed at the coincidence. My gift was a gingerbread house-making kit and a pair of warm fuzzy socks from Shaelynn! I got Shaelynn a chocolate bar, reindeer ears and warm socks! We had a great night!
My heifer, Gillian, is doing really well. She is in with 17 other heifers, but she has figured out if she pushes her way to the front of the crowd, we let her out the gate and give her a tub of grain all to herself. She is still eating about 10 pounds a day and gaining about 2 pounds of body weight a day.
Our regular meeting is January the 12th. Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment