Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Life of A Calmed Artist - Part II

(Page 10)

I have to say, that not only did I receive emails from lovely readers, I also had people walk up to me and thank me for my last article. Consider this article as a part two.
To continue with the topic of meditation, it is not just time reserved just for you, it is also time for you to reflect on those you know who could use some real help with their own struggles. So far, my meditation practice has been focused on getting my body and mind back into a healthful state. And it's worked wonders. For those of you who really don't have the ability to get a moments peace during the day, I'll let you in on my secret: find peace at night, as you snuggle in for the night, and again just as you wake up. Be sure to allow time to manage your morning routine too.
As for my career in the arts, I've taken on more and more responsibilities as an educator. So you can imagine my need to calm myself. Very recently, meditation has helped me find my newest, deepest, most meaningful form of inspiration. Since my interests exist in an extremely vast supply, I'm learning to listen more and do less. Friends who've seen my self-designed (and still-in-the-works) website told me that my animal work captures more than just a likeness. One viewer said, 'Your wildlife artwork speaks so deeply to me, that it’s as if you have been able to 'see' right into the soul and spirit of the animal.' Those words cannot be taken lightly, so my new work will entail artwork starring animals in need, and in my teaching career, I will be working more closely with the practices of animal welfare groups.
I believe that it is necessary for all of us to take that much-needed 'me time' not only ourselves, but to help our loved ones, friends, neighbours, casual people we meet each day and it will, I guarantee it, improve our overall outlook on our daily lives.
~Love and light from The Real Robin Thibodeau

RobiN Thibodeau
allseasonchick@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment