Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Turner Valley School News


(Page 6)

Student Reviews

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
It was a cold dark night when Harry was sitting on his wooden bed listening to the suspicious sounds coming from his cupboards. In fact Harry was so curious that he walked over to his cupboards and SWUNG them open and an odd creature pounced out!

Harry was even more suspicious now because the creature kept on repeating do not go to Hogwarts over and over again. But Harry could not stay because his friend Ron was floating outside in his sky blue car.
Harry ran towards the car and sprinted inside and they drove off into the darkness.

I really liked this book because it's very magical and there are disappointments around every corner. I also liked this book because the author has such a creative mind and excellent description.

I would recommend this book for ages 10 to 14. So go ahead and find out what will happen next in the book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

By Shae

Grown Ups
This is a movie rated PG-13. The problem of the movie is that his two sons are video game geeks and his high school team coach passed away. He went out to the lake house with his old high school basketball teammates.

They were all out at the lake house when they found a rope tied to a tree beside the lake. The kids didn't know what it was for. When the guy explained it they made him go first. When he was out far enough he forgot to let go! When he came back he hit the bird out of the tree and landed on it. They were worried about the bird he landed on.

My personal preference on this movie is that it is a hilarious comedy. You can watch it over and over again and you will still laugh. The reason it is a great movie is that the characters just act so funny.

Grown Ups is an outstanding movie. I really think this is the best movie I have ever seen. I would recommend this movie for anyone in grade 4 to grade 6.

By Justin

My Trip to Panorama
When I went to Panorama we stayed in a hotel with a window and three beds. It took one hour to unload our things. I only had one suitcase. My mom had two. That's a lot!!!!!

When we were all unloaded we went to the pool. There were two pools, one freezing, one burning. I had to keep switching pools because none were just right. I was really tired after switching so many times. After we swam Kyra, Keydra and I ate KD. My mom had salad. Yummy!

I really liked that there was more than one pool so I could switch. I loved the food it was delicious. My family really liked the ski lift. I was really scared at first. I loved the hotel rooms. They were huge! They rocked! I felt rich when I saw the hotel rooms!!!

This was my second favourite trip I've ever been on. It was so much fun! I think people ages one to fifty would like this trip. There is a lot of hotel space and rooms. I hope everybody in my class can go and have the chance to enjoy it.

By Kynlie

No comments:

Post a Comment