Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Life of An Artist in theSummer Sun

Click on the article headline if you would like to read our entire publication online, in original print format. To leave a comment, click the link at the bottom of this post.

Good day fellow readers! My summertime lifestyle has been completely crazy. I had hoped to have time to write my articles, as they are like a release for me and my very busy mind!!! Alas, my '7 hour-long, 5 days straight of pure art fun'… turned out to be '3 weeks of 24/7 straight work hours' Killer man. I am most certainly grateful for all of my full time assistants: Stephanie Anderson & Merrilie Pederson. My artistic volunteer and guest artist respectively: Katie Poole & Janifer Calvez! And my long-distance guest artist: Dee Poisson of Didsbury.
My Fine Art Day Camps were in fact, superiorly awesome. All of the kids were energetic, inspired and creatively engaged with each and every project. There was never a dull moment. Our weekly art shows for each age group were spectacular and their families were similarly 'blown away' with the amount of projects and the quality of work their young artists were capable of. So, I basked in that glory. (Tee hee!) By the end of the second week's Art Show, I was very nearly at full exhaustion and Janifer took a picture of me. My hairstyle is not top-notch, I'm a little over-shiny and my eyelids are very heavy. But I'm smiling nonetheless. I had fun regardless of the lack of sleep and excessive amounts of double lattes from Blue Rock Coffee each day! I credit my stamina to my daily meditation and yoga at 6am & midnight. I credit my endurance to my passion for The Fine Arts' ever-inspiring avenues and disciplines.
I learned a valuable lesson from this year's experience: One should never take on 300 hours of actual work-time without a full-time equally dedicated partner. After the last day of the last week of classes, I felt like I had been actually living in “The Matrix” and it wasn't until the following Monday that I finally allowed myself to take “Orpheus's (proverbial) blue pill“ in order to re-enter “the real world”. Although, I'm not so sure I could choose which one is more fun ;)
~Love and light from The Real RobiN Thibodeau
allseasonchick@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment