Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Life of A Ruminating Artist

Click on the article headline if you would like to read our entire publication online, in original print format. To leave a comment, click the link at the bottom of this post.

It's the Waning period of another New Moon everyone. So that means, whatever you wish to repel away from you, now is your chance to get this in motion. The tides are pulling away from you now, so only imagine those negative things also pulling away. Now, back to The Arts!

This coming 'First Saturday', I will be holding an artist and art teachers' table at Okotoks Market Square event from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Because, as it turns out, my 3 dedicated, inspiring and aspiring private art students are graduating both from their high schools and from my own studio for the first time in 4 years! Meaning, their time slots are available this fall, for the first time in 4 years!

They will be in attendance at Market Square at The Okotoks Plaza displaying their best work either for sale and/or for public attention. Of course, as always I will have soft pastels available for the kids to create beautiful artwork on the sidewalks for you to admire.

Allow me to ruminate here, just for a moment. One of my graduates was nine when we met. In countless ways, her and I have grown together just because we 'get one another'. Comically, she bows to my “pure genius” when I've got a solution to a composition or perspective problem. But truthfully, she'll be able to hold her own rather well at art school. Another I have known for only 4 years, but we have created a mentor/student bond that will stretch over many years to come. Realizing the quality of her skill, and most notably (esp. in the art world), maintaining a positive attitude toward new experiences will get her above and beyond her dreams. My third graduate who travels in from Calgary, I have taught for 2 years. With his vast knowledge of ancient myth and how it relates to the now, he and I have made some leaps and bounds when it comes to inspiring and understanding each others' perspectives. I believe he joined my Inspiration Studio at just the right moment. And this is the beauty of student and master. Emily Carr, U of L and U of Vic: you are lucky to have these great minds join your schools.

As for my self, my aptly named, 'Inspiration Studio' eagerly awaits new, fresh, young minds to discover, enlighten and encourage your potentials!

~Love and light from The Real RobiN Thibodeau
allseasonchick@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment