Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Life of A Meditative Artist

(Page 16)

It's good to be back. My 'light meditation' I started has evolved and now I'm a meditation-practitioner. I've learned some pretty amazing truths about the power of our human minds. Sometimes it's stuff that seems totally obvious, but until you hear actual testimonials…you don't really believe it. Am I right?
Recently, I taught a workshop on portrait drawing. I introduced myself,and the materials the registrants would be using. Then I asked them if they've ever taken a drawing class before. Half had, half hadn't. I could tell they were eager, but they were also nervous. We all want to spend our time and money wisely.
During the class, I went through the differences between our right and our left brains. It goes like this, if you are asked to draw a person, at the top of the face there are two eyebrows, two eyes, two ears, one nose, one mouth, one forehead, one chin… etc. That's your left brain's memory recall. Give your left brain a picture to emulate and now turn the image upside down. Your left brain cannot understand what it's seeing. But your right brain sees the symmetry, the shapes, the shadows, the light, the textures, the colours, the differences of both sides of the image. Try it sometime. You won't believe what you are actually able to do.
It's strange how we base much of our abilities on what we have succeeded on and what we have 'failed' on. All of the students, who were basically beginners, were truly astonished at their outcomes. They simply allowed their minds to allow the outcome they wanted. I just want to touch on the word, 'outcome' for a minute. When we focus on what we want to happen, anything at all, we tend to focus on 'HOW' it will come, along with all of the struggles that may or may not 'HAVE to come first'. The how is not important. We only need to focus on what we want to have. It is just that easy.
~Love and light from The Real Robin Thibodeau

RobiN Thibodeau
sensazione76@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment