Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Life of An Artist Reconnecting With Herself

Here we are in the autumn season, watching the branches sharing their leaves with the earth, to allow for new growth in the spring.
Even though I usually flourish with a good strong routine, I tend to become obsessed with maintaining it, consequently forgetting that change is good. Change is natural and healthy for the mind. Especially a mind like mine! Since my three full time private lesson students moved away and started university, I’ve been feeling lost. And as it happens, I’m actually involved in three art exhibits this fall! In fact, starting in less than two weeks, I’ll have twenty pieces on display in Okotoks. And in November, another four. And as of today, I have internet access inside my studio! Woo hoo!
Lately I’ve been actively reconnecting with my own nature and enjoying the changes to my routine. So, my meditation time has taken up more of each day. This is good news. It keeps me grounded and focused. I believe that all artists should remember to take time out for themselves and just be still. It can get very frustrating and disappointing for an artist to put so much of her/himself into a work of art, only to have it passed by completely at the exhibit. We can get so involved with our obligations and promises that it is far too easy to lose focus on developing our own work. But we must remember that the work is meant to be seen, not hidden in a basement (or in our thoughts for that matter)! So the importance is not necessarily that it sells, it is that it has been shared. By sharing the wealth of creative expression, we will connect with others. And this is what artists strive for.

~Love and light from The Real RobiN Thibodeau
allseasonchick@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment